The KineRAW-Mini camera is coming sooner than expected and the price will be very much competitive. In order to buy the body, you will need to spend just over $3,000. Not much for a RAW Super 35mm 2K unit. Of course if you want to make this camera work, you will need to invest some more funds and buy some hardware and accessories, such as lenses, storage, batteries, etc. But it's still not much if you compare it to products offered by the competition. The KineRAW-Mini is quite remarkable for this price and it can be a good alternative to RED's products.
If you want to preorder this exciting new camera, follow this link. There are four options available (Body, Basic Edition, Standard Edition, and Professional Edition). The camera comes in two lens mount configurations: An EF mount that supports electronic aperture, and the KineMount which will work with PL mount and Nikon F lenses. It also comes in three colors - black, titanium gray and champagne. Shipping should start by late March 2013, so very soon.
And here are the specs of the camera:
- Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
- 12-bit Uncompressed CinemaDNG
- 2048 x 1080 // 1920 x 1080 // 1280 x 720
- One 2.5″ SSD Slot
- ISO: 80-10,240 — Base of ISO 800
- Dynamic Range: 11.5 Stops (up to 13 stops in log)
- Electronic Canon or Interchangeable Kinefinity Mount
- Monitoring: 720p with 2 HDMI Outputs
- No Fan or Phantom Power Audio
- Optional Handgrip with Battery
- Power Consumption: 8-10 Watts
- No On-board Monitor or LCD