Great news for all Adobe and After Effects fans - the new Creative Suite is out! The CS6 product line includes new releases of all popular Adobe's products - Photoshop, InDesign, lllustrator, Dreamweaver, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Flash Professional and other. Four suite versions are available (see pricing below): Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium; Creative Suite 6 Design Standard; Creative Suite 6 Production Premium; and Creative Suite 6 Master Collection.
For us the most interesting suites are After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro. According to the company, the new After Effects "lets you deliver cinematic visual effects and motion graphics faster than ever before with new Global Performance Cache. Extend your creativity with built-in text and shape extrusion, new mask feathering options, and the fast, easy-to-use 3D Camera Tracker."
Adobe Creative Cloud will also be available very soon - on Friday, May 11 to be exact. A subscription-based offering, Adobe Creative Cloud is a hub for making, sharing and delivering creative work and it is centered around the Creative Suite 6 software. CS6 point product subscriptions will also be available May 11.
“We announced Creative Cloud and CS6 two weeks ago and these releases have caught the imagination of creatives everywhere,” said David Wadhwani, senior vice president, Digital Media Business, Adobe. “Today we're shipping CS6 and look forward to the beginning of an exciting new era as we introduce Creative Cloud later this week.”
Top new features across the CS6 product line include (via Adobe):
- New levels of performance with tools that take advantage of Adobe Mercury Graphics functionality, allowing users to go from ideas to finished work faster than ever before.
- Enhanced user interfaces that vastly simplify workflows, so users can focus on their content and achieve results quicker.
- New capabilities that streamline the creation of responsive content, ensuring website and apps look great across virtually all screen sizes and form factors.
- Remarkable new science, integrated into imaging and video apps, makes previously impossible tasks suddenly possible.
And now a little bit on the Adobe Creative Cloud membership:
- Access to download and install all CS6 applications, new HTML5 desktop products – Adobe Muse™ 1.0 and Adobe Edge preview – and deep integration with Adobe Touch Apps.
- Easy storage and sharing of content across desktop, mobile devices and the cloud.
- Integrated website publishing and hosting.
- Ongoing innovation that provides members with the most up-to-date products and services
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products are immediately available. Estimated price for the suites is $2,599 for CS6 Master Collection, $1,899 for CS6 Production Premium, $1,899 for CS6 Design & Web Premium, and $1,299 for CS6 Design Standard. Upgrade and education pricing as well as volume licensing are available as well as a demo version that you can download here (64-bit operating system required).