Apple revealed that it will hold its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) from June 11 to June 15 at San Francisco’s Moscone West. If you attend, you will learn a lot on the future of iOS and OS X and, according to the company, this will allow you to build incredible new apps. WWDC will also feature more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers as well as the popular Apple Design Awards, a showcase of the most outstanding apps from the past year.
“We have a great WWDC planned this year and can’t wait to share the latest news about iOS and OS X Mountain Lion with developers,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “The iOS platform has created an entirely new industry with fantastic opportunities for developers across the country and around the world.”
If you visit the conference, you will be able to explore the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X Mountain Lion and learn how to greatly enhance the functionality, performance, quality and design of your apps. What's quite amazing is that developers can even bring their code to the labs and work with Apple engineers, applying development techniques and best-practices to enhance their apps! This is a really nice move by Apple!
Activities at the 2012 conference include (via Apple):
- more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of technology-specific topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
- 100 hands-on labs staffed by more than 1,000 Apple engineers providing developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad® and Mac® apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
If you want to purchase tickets, well, you're too late, as all tickets are sold out. But Apple should publish all technical sessions on this website, and of course the video materials will be posted for free.